cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the ADC on STM32F745 wake up the micro from Standby?

LJain.1
Associate II

Would like the ADC on STM32F745 to wake up the micro from Standby if a certain positive or negative threshold is reached. Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @LJain.1​, to the community!

Yes, you can set a threshold and rise an interrupt, see Analog Watchdog in RM0385.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Peter.

Followup question - Will this interrupt function even when the device is in Standby? There's a table in the spec which indicates that ADC support in Standby is not available (refer to table 14 from the spec you referenced below).

Thanks,

Lakeri

Oh sorry, I overlooked that you want to get off standby. No, you can only come out of standby with the specified wake-up sources, so that you would e.g. have to work with an external comparator and use the WKUP pin.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ok, thats in line with my understanding of the spec as well.

Another followup question - what about using the ADC interrupt (on STM32F745) to wake up from sleep? Table 14 indicates that the support for ADCx in Sleep mode is O (Optional - Disabled by default. Can be enabled by software). Does this mean that before entering sleep mode (e.g. WFI), a software sequence needs to be followed to keep the ADC on during sleep mode? If yes, then where can I find the details of this sequence?

Much thanks,

Lakeri