cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN bus not responding at 1Mbps bit rate

TES.1
Associate II

I'm using STM32F446RC controller CAN BUS 1. Trying to operate CAN BUS at 1mbps speed when using 100kbps bit rate it is working fine but not at 1Mbps bit rate. Is there any solution for this.

12 REPLIES 12
SofLit
ST Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the sharing.

I did a test with almost your clock config (except the crystal at 25MHz) with STM32446E-EVAL board and with the same example of CAN loopback provided by STM32CubeF4 under Projects\STM32446E_EVAL\Examples\CAN\CAN_Loopback\ and didn't have any problem.

0693W00000bha4rQAA.pngI tried also your latest parameters and also no issue with this.

So I suspect an issue with your MCU. Is it a genuine MCU? Could you please share a clear photo of your MCU?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TES.1
Associate II

HI @Community member​ 

Thanks for your support.

It is working now at 1Mbps baud rate. Actually I was sending data from USB CAN module to controller CAN, seems like it was not working so I tried controller to controller CAN communication it is working well now. I have used new given paramerters at 60 MHz with HSE it is working well now.

Thanks for your support throughout this I appreciate.

TES.1
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ 

The issue is solved. The problem is I was using USB CAN to send data to the CAN bus over controller seems like that was not working so I replaced it with controller to controller communication with the 60 MHz HSE clock with new parameters. It is working well now at 1 Mbps baud rate.

Thanks for your support throughout this.