cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ADC1 analog watchdog trigger TIM8?

galens
Associate II

Is it possible for any of the analog watchdogs of ADC1 to be used to trigger TIM8? I would like to stop a PWM generated using TIM8 when an ADC1 conversion crosses a threshold. Table 251, Interconnect to the tim_etr input multiplexer seems to indicate that this is not possible, but Table 73, Interconnect 2 suggests that perhaps it is possible. Which table is correct? Table 73 seems to indicate that the triggers are somehow tied to ADC master slave behavior. Is this really the case?

thanks,

galen

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @galens​ ,

Thanks for your post.

Both tables should have the same – but Table 73 needs a bit explanation:

0693W000005AvZwQAK.jpgWhere for example:

• adc12_awd1_m : This is paired ADC12 watchdog 1 master. And master from ADC12 pair is ADC1. So it is in fact adc1_awd1 signal.
  • adc12_awd1_s1 : This is paired ADC12 watchdog 1 slave. And slave from ADC12 pair is ADC2. So it is in fact adc2_awd1 signal.
  • adc345_awd2_s1 : This is paired ADC34 watchdog 2 slave. And slave from ADC34 pair is ADC4. So it is in fact adc4_awd2 signal.

I have raised your feedback internally to modify RM0440 to have Table 73 more correct.

Please select the post as a "Best Answer" if it answered your question.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
galens
Associate II

Thanks for your response. Based on that, the answer to my original question appears to be no, TIM8 cannot be triggered by an ADC1 watchdog. Only the watchdogs of ADC2 and ADC3 can trigger TIM8.

(Note that there is presumably an error in the TIM20 column of Table 73. On the timx_etr8 row, adc345_awd2_m should be adc345_awd1_m.)

You are right, the TIM20 column will be corrected in the coming RM0440.

Thanks for pointing out this typo.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen