cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader startup time on STM32L4R

Ben Freudberg
Associate II

This is mostly a post to help people who try to google this later since I couldn't find anything. If you look at AN2606 table 197, it lists the minimum startup time for the bootloader on a bunch of different STM32 microcontrollers. For some reason, just two MCUs have "NA" listed including the chip I'm currently working with - the STM32L4R. So if anyone is wondering, my testing has shown that it takes ~90ms from reset/powerup to when the chip will ACK the 0x7F message on USART.

I am curious though, does anyone know why no time is listed for these chips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Ben Freudberg ,

After an internal cross-check with the Bootloader team, we confirm this is a missing.

An internal ticket number 190555 is submitted in order to fix this.

(PS: This internal ticket number 190555 is only for reference, not available outside of ST)

Thank you again for having reported the point.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Ben Freudberg ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I will check that and comeback to you soon with update.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Ben Freudberg ,

After an internal cross-check with the Bootloader team, we confirm this is a missing.

An internal ticket number 190555 is submitted in order to fix this.

(PS: This internal ticket number 190555 is only for reference, not available outside of ST)

Thank you again for having reported the point.

Thanks
Imen