cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Schematic for STM32H755

damha
Associate

Hello,

I am working on a project to design an IO and motion controller board using STM32H755 mcu. Could you please review the attached basic schematic design for the mcu to avoid any design related issues that may arise later.

+3.3V power is coming from a switching regulator. 

Is it necessary to put small value resistors at the TX and RX of UART pins (H3)? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Looks good to me.

You do not need resistance on TX/RX pins at typical speeds. It can help to put a resistor at the RX pin to terminate it if the line is very long and the speeds are very high but it's not necessary in the vast majority of cases. Use the internal pullup on RX when initializing to avoid spurious errors when the line is disconnected.

Consider using the 16-pin connector with UART on it rather than the 10-pin one. It's useful to have and supported out of the box by recent debuggers such as STLINK-V3MINIE.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Looks good to me.

You do not need resistance on TX/RX pins at typical speeds. It can help to put a resistor at the RX pin to terminate it if the line is very long and the speeds are very high but it's not necessary in the vast majority of cases. Use the internal pullup on RX when initializing to avoid spurious errors when the line is disconnected.

Consider using the 16-pin connector with UART on it rather than the 10-pin one. It's useful to have and supported out of the box by recent debuggers such as STLINK-V3MINIE.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
damha
Associate

Thank you very much. Really appreciate.

Many Thanks.