cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate for stm32l431cc, same pinout but double or triple the flash size should be present.?

Vmere.1
Senior

0693W00000QKlVAQA1.pngI'm currently using STM32l431cc and I want double or triple the size of flash, keeping the pinout constant. I want to order large number of pieces in the future, so i looked in the table and found that one version stm32l451ce is present. So my question, is stm32l451ce can be a perfect replacement for stm32l431cc, just with bigger flash?

I just need some confirmation before doing this..

Thanks in advance.

regards,

vmere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Doesn't CubeIDE have some part-fitter / will-it-blend tool?

Look also at the different startup.s files, a quick diff/merge can usually show subtle differences in peripherals/functionality.

Will also take external QuadSPI

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Doesn't CubeIDE have some part-fitter / will-it-blend tool?

Look also at the different startup.s files, a quick diff/merge can usually show subtle differences in peripherals/functionality.

Will also take external QuadSPI

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Vmere.1
Senior

Hey, Thanks for reply, I already know this one.

But the problem is our product is already in the market.

So I'm looking for pin compatible one's...!

Regards,

Vijay

Piranha
Chief II

Opening the datasheet and checking the pin compatibility takes the same amount of time as writing this topic... And being pin compatible doesn't imply binary compatibility - that's a second factor to check.

Thank you, but frankly speaking, I don't agree completely.

I work in a firm where they use STM products and since there is a shortage everywhere, it is important to have alternate options. So I want pin compatibility and other peripherals to be included in the new one. And it is important to have cost options.

That is the reason they created the tool in the first place.

Because they sell 1 million every year and even 10 cents will be a big thing. So a tool is quite important.

And thanks to @Community member​ , I got to know that there is a tool that exists.