cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All EXTIs triggered at same time

RafaelSTM32
Associate III

I configured the EXTIs for 16 inputs from PD0 to PD15, rising and falling edge, IRQ1 for PD0, IRQ2 por PD1, and so on as must be for groups 5-9 and 10-15 IRQ Handler. I debug the program with a breakpoint in each EXTI_IRQ_HANDLER and all of them are activated when I press a button. I found the behavior of the callback because of this but I do not know the cause.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> when I press a button

What button? What exactly is the hardware? Can you post a photo? Can't it be that that button indeed causes a pulse on all pins of PD (e.g. through inadequate common ground)?

JW

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @RafaelSTM32

it would be helpful if you could share the code snippet for the EXTI_IRQ_HANDLER functions and the callback function. 

Also, what is the need to use 16 EXTIs?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TDK
Guru

Check for the appropriate flags in the EXTI->PR register. All pins have their own interrupt flag. HAL does this for you and will provide the GPIO_Pin that triggered the interrupt.

Look at HAL_EXTI_IRQHandler for inspiration.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/blob/043626d52e34ee8146588bae597513398683e329/Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_exti.c#L434C52-L434C52

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

> when I press a button

What button? What exactly is the hardware? Can you post a photo? Can't it be that that button indeed causes a pulse on all pins of PD (e.g. through inadequate common ground)?

JW

RafaelSTM32
Associate III

Thank you for your ideas, I got a new path because of you to look for and I found when I press a button it's created an spike that triggers to all inputs EXTIs, I'll look for a mistake or something in the hardware. I got an oscilloscope to do this, I need to buy one.

the need for the EXTIs is because I am doing a logger for all inputs, I need to detect when an input is activated and deactivated

> I found when I press a button it's created an spike that triggers to all inputs EXTIs

Post relevant portion of schematics, and a photo of your setup.

JW

RafaelSTM32
Associate III

Hi, I found a broken track in my pcb, it looked fine when I tested with a multimeter for continuity but when I pressed a button the force applied opened the track and isolated the ground connection of my debounce capacitors giving an spike in almost all inputs 

botones.jpg

RafaelSTM32
Associate III

Thanks a lot people!!! your advices make me find the fail very fast!!!

RafaelSTM32
Associate III

this is my project!!

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-06 at 11.03.07 AM.jpeg