cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC: EOCS values in EOC description appears to be wrong

This is both in RM0038 and RM0090 ADC chapter: the description of EOC status bit says, it indicates end of conversion (if EOCS=0) or end of sequence (if EOCS=1). However, in description of EOCS bit in CR2, as well as in numerous places in the narrative, EOCS polarity is indicated in exactly the opposite way, i.e. that it makes EOC to indicate end of individual conversions if it is set to 1 and end of sequence if it is 0.

Can ST please clarify/fix.

Thanks,

JW

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

Happy new year 🙂

Sorry for the delayed reply on this.

I did not notice a discrepancy.

Can you show extracts from the RM ?

0693W00000HqOeRQAV.png 

0693W00000HqOebQAF.png 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi Imen,

Sorry for not being specific enough. This is the one description which contradicts all others:

0693W00000HqPm2QAF.pngJW

PS. Happy new year to you, too!

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

Thanks @Community member​ for this clarification.

You are right, there is contradiction here.

It seems that this description (EOC description) is wrong and all the others are good:

EOCS = 0 for a sequence of conversions, EOCS = 1 for only one conversion.

I am checking this internally and I will come back to you with confirmation about the corrective action we will take.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TLin.5
Associate III

Here we are two years later, and I find this after having the same confusion...
And even though there was a new revision of the document just days ago, it still implies that EOC is 0 until the full sequence is complete if EOCS is 1.

TLin5_0-1708253170662.png

Hi @Imen.D ,

Can this please be checked?

Thanks,

JW

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @TLin.5 , @waclawek.jan 

Thank you for rising this up.

I've added this case to the errata documentation list (with internal ticket number 173754).

Thanks
Imen

Thanks, @Imen.D .

JW