cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X CUBE USB AUDIO not recognized as audio device

Loulou
Associate II

Hello,

I want to use X CUBE USB AUDIO examples in X CUBE IDE.

After generating the binary code (without errors) and flashing the binary code via DFU, the card is not recognized as an audio device, I tried on all 4 projects. I unplugged USB, do reset, nothink change.

On the other hand, if I generate for example the binary of another audio project: FP-AUD-SMARTMIC1, and flash it via DFU, the card is recognized as an audio device.

Thanks by advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hi again @Loulou 

Update for F446

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Loulou 

Could you flash the code as described in read me? I have run the example, and it works without issues. I can hear through Audio streaming in FS mode using F769 disco board.

FBL_0-1711027398411.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Loulou
Associate II

Hello @FBL ,

Many thanks for your answer.

I was trying to make working the UAC10-PLAY example on STM32F446E-EVAL board, on CUBE IDE.

The read me file speak about a usb_audio_user.h file who don't exist in the package.

There are a usb_audio.h file in the package. Did I need to modify it for making this example working ?

I'am new to STM32, thanks for your support.

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Loulou 

Indeed, it is missing in the latest version published.

An internal ticket (176798) has been reported to update the package ASAP. Attached the missing file. You can omit usb_audio_constants.h. If you need any further support don't hesitate to come back and post new threads.

Loulou
Associate II

@FBL 

Thanks for your answer. As I'am new to STM32, I will wait for the new release of X CUBE USB AUDIO. Could you let me know me the release is posted please ?

I want start working with a working release. 

Do you think it is possible in the new release ((internal ticket (176798)) to include a working binary file for the example UAC10-PLAY (target STM32F446)? That could help me. I think binary files for all examples could help members who program via DFU.

Regards.

FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Loulou 

I will let you know as soon as the release is posted. 

Attached the binary.

Following package might be useful as well.

X-CUBE-AUDIO-KIT - Audio processing software expansion for STM32Cube - STMicroelectronics 

Loulou
Associate II

Hi @FBL

I flashed the binary in my STM32F446RET6 and nothing happens (no audio device recognized under windows). Can you try it yourself with the same processor?

Thanks for the links to X-CUBE-AUDIO-KIT. For the moment I am looking to work with STM32F446RET6. This link will  be useful to me later.

FBL
ST Employee

Hi again @Loulou 

Update for F446

Loulou
Associate II

Hi again @FBL

I flashed with STM32 Cube Programmer the binary file and the hex file for STM32F446 you just sent me.

The result is the same as with my binary files generated from CUBE IDE for all the examples X CUBE USB AUDIO for STM32F446. No audio device recognized under Windows.

Please can you try it yourself with the same processor?

Thanks.

Loulou
Associate II

Hello @FBL ,

I just realized that the example I'm trying to get working is for an STM32F446ZE. My MCU is STM32F446RE.

Is this a problem?

Is it possible to change the code from STM32F446ZE to STM32F446RE knowing that there is no .IOC file?