cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio on STM32WB55CG?

Hello everybody!

There is a question on bluetooth which I would love to explore. The point is, some time ago I developed a navigation device for visually impaired people, that had a pair of mikes, a pair of headphones and a DSP. Everything was more or less okay, but the headphone wire definitely didn't add to the convenience of use, so it would be nice if I could connect any bluetooth headphones to the device I made. Although I have experience connecting an SPP module to MCUs (lot's of information, connection via UART - easy), I know nothing about bluetooth audio. The task is, my device must be the "master", it should be able to connect any bluetooth headphones to itself and then send a stereo audio signal to the headphones. Is it possible to use a WB55CG module for that? Is there a built-in audio stack in the WB55CG dongle? It seems that the BM83 module can do what I need, but the price of the development board is manyfold out of my current range, besides I do love the stm32 architecture and have experience programming it. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Stanislav_Ossovsky and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Thank you for the interest that you are showing to giving to our products. 

For such a use case, I suggest you follow the implementation of the FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1. It will be really useful. Also, I will suggest you take a look to Our STM32WBA which is our BLE product oriented for AUDIO. L.E. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.