cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X CUBE USB AUDIO can't generate binary

Loulou
Associate II

Hello,

I want to try the examples in the package X CUBE USB AUDIO with X CUBE IDE and generate binary file for flashing it via DFU (I don't have ST LINK) .

With others projects, I go to : project menu / properties / C/C++ build/ settings / MCU Post build outputs/ and select : Convert to binary file - and click Apply and Close, I do build project and it work.

With all the 4 examples of the package, I can't generate the binary file. I have this error in the console :

12:45:37 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project STM32F446E-EVAL_UAC10-ADV ****

make all

make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc0000005, addr = 0x00007FFA461D24E8)

"make all" terminated with exit code 255. Build might be incomplete.

12:45:37 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 191ms)

I'am new to STM32. Did I miss somethink ?

My board is STM32F446.

STM32 CUBE IDE - Version: 1.14.1 - Build: 20064_20240111_1413 (UTC)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Loulou ,

First, check that you've set the correct path (too long path or contains spaces may cause this problem).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Loulou ,

First, check that you've set the correct path (too long path or contains spaces may cause this problem).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hello @Imen.D  ,

Thank you for your reply. I placed the folder at the root and deleted unnecessary subfolders. I was able to build and generate the binary file of the 4 examples.

I think I have another problem, once the binary is flashed, the card is not recognized as an audio device, I tried on all 4 projects. I unplugged USB, do reset, nothink change.

On the other hand, if I generate for example the binary of another audio project: FP-AUD-SMARTMIC1, and flash it via DFU, the card is recognized as an audio device.