cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBC PD TCPM on the STM32U5

rward
Associate

Hello,

I have an application that uses the TCPM/TCPC architecture, with a STM32U5 acting as the port manager, and the FUSB307B as the port controller. I want to use the USB-PD middleware stack for the policy engine, however, when looking at the available libraries, there is no USBPDTCPM_PD3_FULL_xxxx.a for the Cortex-M33. Are there any compatible TCPM libraries for the STM32U5? I do not want to use the inbuilt USBPD PHY, and only want/need to use the policy engine and port managing capabilities of the USB-PD library.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @rward and welcome to ST community,

Unfortunately, TCPM stack should be no longer supported for newer products. As a workaround, you can use the CM0 version of the lib (a library compiled for CM0 will be able to run on CM33, the opposite is not possible) X-CUBE-USB-PD - USB Type-C and Power Delivery software expansion for STM32Cube (UM2073) - STMicroelectronics

Would you please specify the number of ports required? Why not using U5 internal port? If you need 2 ports, you can use STM32G0. It embeds 2 ports type C.

I hope this helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.