cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBC PD TCPM with FUSB307B RXSTAT alert

vostrenkov
Associate

Hi, I've got an issue with TCPM stack running on STM32G431 with USBPDTCPM_PD3_FULL_CM4_wc32 library.
The issue is related to the configuration of FUSB307B IC registers to enable SOP messages receiver at very first SOP reception. I've posted the detailed description of the issue on OnSemi forum: https://community.onsemi.com/s/question/0D54V00007dSZ0MSAW/fusb307b-rxstat-alert-is-not-signaled 

I was able to determine that you have to write RXDETECT (0x2F) register at least twice to workaround this issue. I also investigated by logic analyzer the initialization sequence of FUSB307B IC in OnSemi EVK with preloaded FW and noticed that it also does the same.. 

vostrenkov_0-1714401443054.png

Since TCPM core is provided as a lib file I can not make changes in the related part of PE code. Thus I have to make some kind of workaround monitoring for Power State change notification and writing RXDETECT register manually.

I would appreciate if this issue could be checked in ST internally and it would be fine to get this (or probably more correct one) workaround implemented in provided library files. 
I also do not exclude that I'm missing some points about PD stack configuration and I can get it working without any modification of lib files.

Any thoughts are very welcome, thanks

0 REPLIES 0