cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install X-CUBE-CLASSB package on CUBEMX

TDele.1
Associate III

Hello,

I'm currently trying to use the "X-CUBE-CLASSB" package I'v found there : X-CUBE-CLASSB - Class B 60730-1 and 60335-1 Functional Safety Package with software expansion for STM32Cube - STMicroelectronics to do some watchdog, stack and flash security management. However, I am unable to install it in CUBEMX.

When going in "Manage embedded sofware packages" and selecting the .zip file from the ST website from a local repository, I get the following error: "This file is either corrupted or not a recognized package."

I don't know how to install that package from CUBEMX or how to best introduce those files into an existing project. Has anyone ever manage to install that package ?

Thanks in advance,

Tristan

1 REPLY 1
Christophe VRIGNAUD
ST Employee

Hello

The X-Cube-ClassB library is not an embedded package which can be added to STM32CubeMX.

It is an expansion package. the difference is that this package has the same architecture, portability and structure than a STM32CubeMX project. It is a complete set of project examples with project files for STM32CubeIDE, Keil MDK-ARM IDE and IAR IDE.

You can open the project file with your IDE, compile it and test it.

When you want to add the classB libraries to your own STM32CubeMX generated project, you must first generate your project from STM32CubeMX, then copy/add manually from X-CUBE-CLASSB to your project:

- the middleware directory.

- the assembly files => e.g. from STM32Cube_FW_ClassB_V2.3.0\Projects\STM32G081B_Eval\SW4STM32\Assembly to the Project Explorer Drivers/STM32G0_SpecificTests

In the project properties of your STM32CubeMX project, you will have to make the same as what is done in the example projects: add the Middlewares include path and other stuff, and finally the post-build command line to calculate the CRC (In the project directory ..\Projects,

the readme.txt gives the link to srecord which is used in our examples).

Best regards