Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 L053R8 Audio example not working

Alessandro Crespi
Associate
Posted on December 20, 2016 at 16:55

Dear Sirs,

We are a design firm based in Milan, Italy.

We have bought an evaluation board model X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1, which includes the STA350BW chip, for prototyping a new family of audio products. In addition we have bought the STM32 prototyping board, model STM32 Nucleo-L053R8, through which we would like to provide the STA350BW with control signals and audio signals using the I2C and I2S protocols respectively.

Regarding the setup, we have connected the two boards as shown in figure 3 of user manual UM1979 and provided the CCA01M1 with a power supply, both external 12V and using the 5V pin as shown in the picture. The STM32 board is connected to the PC via its own USB cable. Finally, we have connected two 8ohm loudspeakers to the output sockets.

Using the ARM mbed online IDE, which comes with the STM32 board, we tried to run the audio application example (STM32CubeExpansion_SOUNDTER1_V1.1.1) simply 'dragging and dropping' the proper binary file 'AudioStreaming_32KHz.bin' as explained in the reference guide; unfortunately the board did not produce any sound.

We kindly ask your support in order to make the system work.

Thanks in advance.

#example #audio #i2s #stm32-i2s
0 REPLIES 0