cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKBOXPRO: Enabling 3A supply

AVigh.1
Associate II

Hi, 
I need to enable 3A supply on MKBOXPRO - referring to the attached schematic section; 
if I install 5.1K (1%?) pulldown resistors to GND, that are already provisioned for on R42,
and R43, would that be all that I need to accomplish this?

Another related but separate question: if I were to use this same design, in attached png 
(again, in 5V-only,3A/ 15W sink configuration) without MCU/ No UCPD, that should work
well standalone, right?

Please advise. Thanks for your timely attention and help.

Best,
Ash

2 REPLIES 2
ramprakash08
Associate III

Based on the information provided, it seems like you're trying to enable a 3A supply on the MKBOXPRO by installing 5.1K pulldown resistors to GND on R42 and R43. While the resistors can help in setting up the desired current supply, the exact configuration might depend on other factors in your circuit design.

As for your second question, using the same design without an MCU/ No UCPD should work as a standalone, provided the rest of the circuit is designed to operate in this configuration. However, without the MCU, you might lose some control or monitoring capabilities.

Please note that these are general suggestions and the actual implementation might vary based on the specific requirements of your design.

Thanks Ramprakash, appreciate your prompt reply and help:)
You mentioned, for the first part of my question: "While the resistors can help in setting up the desired current supply, the exact configuration might depend on other factors in your circuit design." And for the second part - 
"..design without an MCU/ No UCPD should work as a standalone, provided the rest of the circuit is designed
 to operate in this configuration.
"
Since this (the circuit shared in attached .png) is meant to be a complete, standalone (in fulltime dead-battery
mode, as such no dynamic CC negotiation needed) fixed 5V-only,3A (15W sink) power supply. I'm wondering, curious what other factors (in rest of my circuit) it might be dependent on? For test monitoring, I could extend
FLT/ as test-point. Other than that, what else I may need/ benefit from controlling, monitoring this standalone-
supply, from rest of my design? Please advise if I am missing/ overlooking something here. Thanks again.