cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am currently using a STM32G081b eval board with a STM32G474QE MCU I am using the demoucpd example code if i plug in display for my laptop it works over usb c but doesn't on mobiles device does anyone know why?

NApps.1
Associate II

22 REPLIES 22
TDK
Guru

> I am currently using a STM32G081b eval board with a STM32G474QE MCU

Doesn't that board have a STM32G081RBT6 chip?

USB-PD is messy. It needs to request the correct voltages, it might be requesting something else. Perhaps look at differences in what the displays need.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
NApps.1
Associate II

Yes it does have a STM32G081RBT6 chip and the USB-PD side looks correct I have created my own profiles for the voltage which works fine. Using my MacBook pro and hp laptop I can get power, display yet when I try tablets its only provides power I have seen from a STM32 demo video that you can get display out of mobile devices/tablets.

Dear @NA.1067pps​ 

Further information regarding the DP scenario is available in the wiki page.

To understand your issue, you could generate a .cpd trace (Specific tools section).

Regards,

Yohann

This is the log I get when I plug in an ipad just gives me charge no display

Here is a trace from my laptop that gives me charge and display

Thanks for the txt log but could you please provide the .cpd file like described in the wiki page:

"The trace files are saved in c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD\Acquisition\ with ".cpd" extension.

The cpd files are a pretty good entry point to report an issue to our support team, it provides helpful debug information of the USB-PD stack behavior. "

Where is it stored if you are running on a macbook?

Hello @NA.1067pps​ 

be carefull : all tablets / mobiles phones are not supporting display through the type C cable.

What is the brand and model of your tablet and mobile phone ? Which iPad version ?

I am using is the iPad 11 inch model A2228 running latest os version which does support display.