cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find downloadable firmware files for b-g431b-esc1?

SHong.8
Associate II

The firmware file doesn't seem to exist here (https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-g431b-esc1.html).

Are there any hex or bin binary firmware files built for b-g431b-esc1?

If the firmware file exists, it would be appreciated if you could tell me where it is.

13 REPLIES 13
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @SHong.8​, to the community!

in the associated UM2516, the following can be found in section 3.3:

This board is supported by the X-CUBE-MCSDK STM32Cube Expansion Package dedicated for motor-control applications. The source code is available and it is included and generated with this tool. The B-G431B-ESC1 does not have a demonstration firmware preloaded in the STM32 Flash memory, so for the first usage, the user must connect it with the X-CUBE-MCSDK tool.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I am new to B-G431B-ESC1 board.

I want to check the operation of BLDC motor using potentiometer.

I downloaded and installed X-CUBE-MCSDK.

MC_SDK_5.4.8\Projects\B-G431B-ESC1\Demonstration\Potentiometer_ESC-G4

There seems to be an example in this directory, but only the '.project' file exists.

I downloaded and installed X-CUBE-MCSDK-6, but there is no Projects directory in the MC_SDK_6.0.0 subdirectory.

Then, if I import and build the '.project' file in the Potentiometer_ESC-G4 directory and download it to this board, is it possible to use it?

Unfortunately, there is still a problem with the current software packages, which has already been discussed here. There you'll find a ZIP that contains the missing projects ElectronicSpeedControl_ESC-G4 and Potentiometer_ESC-G4. Please try to integrate the projects into your local installation of X-Cube-MCSDK. It is intended for 5.Y.4, but should fit for 5.4.8 as well.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

@Cristiana SCARAMEL​ 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

blank

0693W00000SuntYQAR.jpgWhen I open the 'Potentiometer_ESC-G4.stmcx' file through 'Load Project' in 'MotorControl Workbench 5.4.8', an error message as shown in the picture pops up.

Please edit Potentiometer_ESC-G4.stmcx and change line 5:

• from <version value="5.90.0.0" />
  • to e.g. <version value="5.04.02.01" />

Regards

/Peter

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:71:4: error: unknown type name 'MCI_State_t'; did you mean 'State_t'?

71 |  MCI_State_t MState = MC_GetSTMStateMotor1();

|  ^~~~~~~~~~~

|  State_t

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:87:84: error: 'U_RPM' undeclared (first use in this function)

87 |          MC_ProgramSpeedRampMotor1( (OBS_MINIMUM_SPEED_RPM * SPEED_UNIT / U_RPM), SPEED_RAMP_DURATION );

Can you tell me where the datatype is defined for the above error?

---

If I add a define like this, I get a number of warnings.

#define MCI_State_t State_t

---

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'ICLWAIT' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

75 |  switch (MState)

|  ^~~~~~

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'IDLE_ALIGNMENT' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'ALIGN_CHARGE_BOOT_CAP' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'ALIGN_OFFSET_CALIB' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'ALIGN_CLEAR' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'ALIGNMENT' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'IDLE_START' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'CHARGE_BOOT_CAP' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'OFFSET_CALIB' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'CLEAR' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'START' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'SWITCH_OVER' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'START_RUN' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'ANY_STOP' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'STOP' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'STOP_IDLE' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'FAULT_NOW' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'FAULT_OVER' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:/Work/.st_workbench/projects/5.4.8/Potentiometer_ESC-G4/Src/potentiometer.c:75:4: warning: enumeration value 'WAIT_STOP_MOTOR' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

---

Is there an example of a working version of 'Potentiometer_ESC-G4' without build errors? Or are there other examples of b-g431b-esc1 utilizing a potentiometer?

In principle, you could also make the necessary changes in version 5.4.8 to get an executable programme, because the directory Middlewares\ST\MotorControl\templates

already contains some template variants with the declarations you are looking for, which are provided with the suffix .orig.

However, to save you the trouble of searching for errors, you should download the MCSDK version 5.Y.4 and integrate the missing project there. 

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

I am new to PMSM motor and I am going to try the drive.

I'm trying to use a STM32G4 series board (b-g431b-esc1 or NUCLEO-G474RE).

Which version of MC SDK 5.4.8, 5.Y.4 or 6.0.0 is better to learn?