cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the E"lectronic Speed Control" switch?

Popeye
Associate III

Electronic Speed Control Debugging? What does this setting do?0693W00000Y9kimQAB.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @Popeye​ ,

The electronic speed control (ESC) feature allows to control the motor speed with a PWM signal in input, for example on the B-G431B-ESC1 boards it is possible to use this feature to control the motors of a drone sending a PWM signal with a different duty cycle to switch the motor to armed, armed with a minimum speed, armed with a maximum speed and unarmed state.

0693W00000Y9oRLQAZ.png 

You can find more details on this example on this link : click here

on the chapter "Connection and first execution of the electronic  speed controller (ESC) program".

thank you

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @Popeye​ ,

The electronic speed control (ESC) feature allows to control the motor speed with a PWM signal in input, for example on the B-G431B-ESC1 boards it is possible to use this feature to control the motors of a drone sending a PWM signal with a different duty cycle to switch the motor to armed, armed with a minimum speed, armed with a maximum speed and unarmed state.

0693W00000Y9oRLQAZ.png 

You can find more details on this example on this link : click here

on the chapter "Connection and first execution of the electronic  speed controller (ESC) program".

thank you

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
Popeye
Associate III

I see. So this enables speed control via PWM. That's quite misleading. Thank you!