cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varied Practical RPM with STEVAL-IPM10B and NUCLEO-F302R8 in ST Motor Control Workbench

suhas1
Associate II

I am currently facing an issue with the RPM readings while running a motor using the STEVAL-IPM10B and NUCLEO-F302R8 in conjunction with the ST Motor Control Workbench.

Upon measurement with a tachometer, I observed a difference between the practical RPM values and the readings displayed on the dashboard. Even though I utilized the Motor Profiler to generate motor parameters.

I had attached the Program files for your reference.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

If the speed is twice the expected one, may be it has been entered a pole number and not a pole pair number as expected by the workbench.
Could you please check this point?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Some questions:
- What is your speed issue? Accuracy? Stability?
- Do you face it at maximum speed?

On the other hand, the motor maximum application speed is set to 1494Rpm, and Speed Controller target speed mention 2689Rpm, did you modify the default value?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
suhas1
Associate II

Hi GMA,

Thanks for your prompt response.

This Problem for me is the Speed (for eg: when i set to 350RPM in dashboard the Motor is spinning in 705RPM)

Thats the Problem and I want to know How to tune the PI values in this Controller.

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

If the speed is twice the expected one, may be it has been entered a pole number and not a pole pair number as expected by the workbench.
Could you please check this point?

Best regards.
GMA
suhas1
Associate II

Thanks for your response.

The Problem is solved as you told the pole pair is wrong, I changed it now its running fine.