cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-PTOOL1V1 sample code

amoos.11
Associate II

hello

I have been purchased one of STEVAL-PTOOL1V1 evaluation board.

I am going to develop sample code which provided by company, but some errors occurred in building new file process by IAR & Keil IDE.

errors of following:

no definition for "MC_Core_Start"......

no definition for "MC_Core_Stop"......

no definition for "MC_Core_Brake".....

it seems the sample code which provided by your company is not complete & same functions are just declared & no defined.

it would be appreciated if you provided a revision to mentioned sample code.

thanks & best regards.

10 REPLIES 10
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @amoos.1​,

from which software package did you start to generate your custom code?

I suggest you download the STSW-PTOOL1V1 firmware package and start making your changes from this.

Let me know if this help you.

Hello @amoos.1​,

any update about your project progress? Were you able to fix the errors?

thanks to ur guidance cristina.

i downloaded the firmware package that u sent. issues were fixed and .hex file was made.i have new issue and can not resolve that.

IAR IDE generates a message error during download and debug progress."fatal error:there were warnings during download of flash loader,see log window session aborted:"

it would be appreciated if guide me more!

EDIT: removed personal info

Hi @amoos.1​,

A first suggestion is check the ST-Link reset type. Sometimes the ST debug interface cannot connect due to the processor state.

From the menu bar select Project->Options then ST-Link from the list on the left.

The Reset box is normally set to Normal but can be changed to Connect during reset which will hold the processor in reset while connecting the debugger before any code can execute.

Let me know if this help you, otherwise please share the debug log.

thanks to ur guidance cristina.

i have been tested "connect during reset" mode in IAR IDE and ST-LINK Utility software but my problem was not resolved.my debug log pictures is following:0693W00000BchjnQAB.jpg0693W00000BchjiQAB.jpg thanks and best regards cristina

Hi @amoos.1​,

could you check and share (screenshots are ok) your project configuration?

• General options -> Target
  • Debugger -> Setup
  • Debugger -> Download

hello cristina

screenshots are following:

0693W00000BcytLQAR.jpg0693W00000BcyuJQAR.jpg0693W00000BcyuYQAR.jpgthanks and best regards

Hi @amoos.1​,

it seems an issue related to firmware-software coupling.

I add the STM32 Motor Control tag, @Laurent Ca...​  could you help on this topic?

thanks Cristina to ur help,

i need to help immediately .could u link me to ur technical team to resolve this issue?

thanks and best regards.