cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Motor Pilot/Profiler will not connect

txf
Associate

I have the P-Nucleo-IHM03, I'm trying to use Motor Pilot V1.1.5 and it will not connect.

The STLink works just fine when using CubeProgrammer0693W00000aHzDJQA0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ODUCO.1
Associate

Had same problem with Motor Pilot 6.1.1 downloaded version 6.1.2 and worked fine.

Dicover board procedure was unable to work, but launch profiler procedure worked well (select board, connect, start profile...). After this first step, load MC_FOC_SDK.qml file to manage plots and parameters.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
NJand.1
Associate

Same with B-G431B-ESC1 3Sh. Profiler 1.1.5 does not connect, however, Motor Pilot works fine.

FNath
Associate II

HI, I Try the same with Nucleo-G431RB & IHM07M1 with Motor Pilot 1.1.5 and do not work.

But if you use the older Motor pilot ( SDK 6.0.0 ) it will work.

0693W00000aIhfbQAC.png0693W00000aIhfvQAC.png0693W00000aIhgAQAS.pngI think that Motor Control SDK Team will fix it in the next Release only.

FNath
Associate II

Hi Folks, one solution!

Re-install the SDK 6.1.1 in another path that original "Program Files (x86)"

Look at attached file example " MotorPilot.log" if is correct the path in your machine install.

I hope this works

Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @NJand.1​ and @txf​ ,

Can you try to get the file "YouControlBoard#YourPowerBoard#(6.1.1).hex" which is in the directory : \MC_SDK_6.1.1\Utilities\PC_Software\STMotorPilot\STM32CubeProgrammer\Fw and flash it manually with Stm32CubeProgrammer and disconnect CubeProgrammer.

then try to connect manually with the profiler.

If you have the possibility to make a video screen capture so that I can understand where the problem comes from?

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

this worked

SKoln.1
Associate II

It surprises me that ST is not able to fix this, seemingly simple problem.

I have installed the MC_SDK_6.1.1 on two different Win 10 system (one Laptop and one stationary PC), and I am getting the same problem.

I therefore suspect that there must be many others having the exact same problem.

I have tried to install first on the default directory \Program files (x86)\ and then \Program files\ (which should have been the default. But same problem.

It seems that the motor profiler in some way communicate with the ST Link, because when i Start the STM32CubeProgrammer and connect to the ST-LINK, and thereafter start the ST Motor Pilot V1.1.5 profiler, I am getting the error message:

"No ST-Link Ready to use! Please check if ST-Link is not already used by other applications".

This is a correct message, because when I disconnect the ST-LINK form the STM32CubeProgrammer I am able to to connect but with a warning: Motor Profiler image required", when I then Accept to overwrite the current firmware, it just hangs (forever) on the message "Check St-Link connection"

FYI information, I have updated to the latest firmware : V3J10M3 using STM32CubeProgrammer.

I also use the "standard setup" of NUCLEO-G431RB + X-Nucleo-IHM08M1 3Sh.

And just to have it ruled it out, the Motor Profiler 5.4.8 (with is limitations) is actually working.

Well, I need a fix now since I have already spent to much time on this.

ODUCO.1
Associate

Had same problem with Motor Pilot 6.1.1 downloaded version 6.1.2 and worked fine.

Dicover board procedure was unable to work, but launch profiler procedure worked well (select board, connect, start profile...). After this first step, load MC_FOC_SDK.qml file to manage plots and parameters.

This does not work for me, I've reinstalled, updated driver. Tried the manual profiler procedure.

I've uploaded a sketch to the nucleo board to verify that the UART baud rate is correct but nothing seems to work.

Hi @DNG_Gabbi 

To ensure the best support from our part and by respect to other users, I recommend creating a new post for your issue, and making reference to the posts / solutions you have already checked or tested. That way, the original poster doesn't get pinged for an issue he already solved, and your issue will have more visibility among the other posts.

Do not forget to follow these basic rules in your new post :

How to write a Motor control post to get a respons... - STMicroelectronics Community

Thanks

Cedric