cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-IHM03 giving startup failure

tejas_amp
Associate III

The P-NUCLEO-IHM03 with type selected as "FOC" has the firmware pre-installed. After pushing Blue start/stop button, the motor starts but fails to continue.

In Motor pilot, it is showing that a fault is thrown (startup failure) and the motor shuts down. The P-NUCLEO-IHM03 Black button needs to be pressed to clear the fault, but the motor still does not continue to run upon Blue button start.

Control Board: NUCLEO-G431RB  
Power Board: X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1
Motor: Gimbal GBM2804H-100Tthis.png

39 REPLIES 39

I am using stm cube IDE latest version

Can you help in finding? I checked user manual of P-NUCLEO-IHM03 but couldn't find the Open Loop project (you can find the guide in the User Manual)

Hello tejas_amp,

I am talking about the MCSDK User Manual, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Via WorkBench, you can find it by clicking on About -> Documentations -> Documentation -> in the newly open browser window, click on User Manual
More generally speaking, you can also find useful information on our solution thanks to our MCSDK Wiki.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

I have checked the Power Board three phase terminals in DSO, and its showing square wave for seconds under which motor is running and then it becomes Zero. What can be the problem here? The time and speed limit, I set in Speed sensing config, till that time and speed motor runs after that startup failure. (see screen shot). Also, I have tried varying every possible parameter but not getting result.this10.png

Please reply.

Hello tejas_amp,

Have you tried to create an Open Loop project as I recommended ? Also, can you share pictures of your current curves during start-up ?
You can also try to increase the start-up speed threshold to 900rpm.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Current threshold = 100 rpm. I tried with 900 rpm as well but same results.this02.png

Hello tejas_amp,

Once again, sorry for the misunderstanding. I am talking of real-time currents, that you can see via MotorPilot by clicking on ASYNC button (see image)

Forum_MP.PNG

Then right click on the newly opened window and select Ia and Ib. Then have a try at the start-up, especially in Open Loop mode (then again, have a look at the User Manual to get insight on how to get it work).
In the ASYNC window, you can extend the period of time by increasing the buffering.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

During start:
running.png

After few second fault:

fault.png

Okay, so obviously there's a hardware issue. You should have something like this :

Normal_Start_up.PNG

Could you verify that the jumpers are set according to section 4.1 of the IHM16 User Manual ?

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.