cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Workbench 6.2.1

RTira.1
Associate II

Hi, I'm currently using Motor Workbench 6.2.1 and I'm trying to create a new project with a custom power board. To that end, I want to create the JSON descriptor file of the board.

I have read the "Motor Control Boards description format" manual from ST Wiki, where it describes the version 3 of the format; however looking at some JSON files from other existing boards I've notice that the current version on them is version 4.

For example, for the board STEVAL-LVLP01

{
"type": "power",
"name": "STEVAL-LVLP01",
"descVersion": 4,
"contentVersion": "1.0",
"PN": "STEVAL-LVLP01",
"longDescription": "Three-phase brushless DC motor driver expansion board based on STSPIN830 for STM32 Nucleo",
"shortDescription": "PMSM & BLDC power board based on STSPIN830 for STM32 Nucleo",
"link": "https://www.st.com/en/ecosystems/x-nucleo-ihm16m1.html",

{
"name": "PhaseVoltageSensing",
"type": "PhaseVoltageSensing",
"hwVariants": [
{
"type": "ThreePhaseVoltageDividersFiltered",
"help": "How to enable this variant",
"signals": {
"VOLTAGE_DIV_FILT_U": [
{
"name": "A25",
"help": "PCIE A25. Factory default.",
"cost": 0
}
],
"VOLTAGE_DIV_FILT_V": [
{
"name": "A26",
"help": "PCIE A26. Factory default.",
}
],
"VOLTAGE_DIV_FILT_W": [
{
"name": "A27",
"help": "PCIE A27. Factory default.",
}
]
},
"voltageDividerValue": 25.34,
"cutoffPulse": 3256
}
]
},

}

In this sense, my custom power board is equiped with three phase voltage differential sensors, so I wonder where can I get an updated version of the description format that explains PhaseVoltageSensing feature possible values, because the current document (version 3) doesn't cover it.

The only variant I was able to find from STEVAL-LVLP01 JSON file is "ThreePhaseVoltageDividersFiltered", which doesn't works for me.

What I want is a configuration similar to CurrentSensing like "ThreeShunt_RawCurrents_Differential", but applied to phase voltage sensing.

Anyone from ST can give me information about this issue?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed, the description for the version 4 of the format was not online yet at the time of your question. It took some time, but it is now available. Sorry for the delay. 

Best regards

Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello again,

About the specific question, there is no other variant than ThreePhaseVoltageDividersFiltered in version 4 of the format