cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Profiler stuck on "Checking ST-Link connection"

ABart.5
Associate II

I'm trying to use the Motor Profiler software through my Motor Controller SDSK 6.1.1. When I launch the profiler, I Select my boards - Nucleo-F302R8 and X-Nucleo-IHM07M1 3Sh. Then I set the motor parameters to match my motor Bull Running BR2804. When I then hit Connect I get a warning to update the board firmware. I select Accept and then the process gets stuck forever on the "Checking ST-Link connection" step. What might be the issue here?
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj8tCQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj8tHQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj8tMQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj8t8QAA.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ABart.5
Associate II

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002A1SntSAF/st-motor-pilotprofiler-will-not-connect

The solution on this post helped. I reinstalled the SDSK 6.1.1 at a different location than the default in Program Files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Make sure that you can see an ST-LINK in Device Manager

Confirm you have the right drivers load

Check using STM32 Cube Programmer than you can connect to the STM32 on the NUCLEO board.

Make sure that the NUCLEO / ST-LINK has the most current firmware running on it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ABart.5
Associate II

I can see the ST-Link in the Device Manager.

I have the right drivers.

I can connect to the STM32 using Cube Programmer. Motor Pilot also connects and I can start/stop my motor using the software.

I don't see any updates that are needed on the boards.

STM32 Cube Programmer provides a update tool for the ST-LINK. Can take time to enumerate on Win 7.

Are you using Windows 10 or 11 ?

Running as Administrator? AV blocking connectivity? High Quality Cable? Using USB Hub or Docking Station?

ST-LINK open/connected in any other tools, ie Keil, GDB, Cube Programmer, etc?

@Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ please have someone review / assigned

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ABart.5
Associate II

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002A1SntSAF/st-motor-pilotprofiler-will-not-connect

The solution on this post helped. I reinstalled the SDSK 6.1.1 at a different location than the default in Program Files.