cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor control fails after motor stop

MLasc.1
Associate

I am using an e-bike motor 48V350W with an EVALSTDRIVE101 3Sh and NUCleo F401REboard to do some tests. The motor only starts the first time I press start and then if I stop it doesn't resume rotation unless I restart the Nucleo board. I analyzed the current and it seems a very low current passes through the motor, but is not sufficient to make it rotate. on the eval board also a red led turns on. Why do not resume rotating at the level I choose?

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello MLasc.1,

First of all, we would like to apologize for the delay in replying to your post.

If your point is still relevant : This is an issue caused by the STDRIVE101 driver whose "overcurrent" signal is on the same pin as the "remove standby" signal. So when you try to leave standby mode, the signal is also detected as an overcurrent (hence the red light turning on). A solution was developed and should be available on our next MCSDK release (6.2) which should come up in a few weeks.

In the meantime, the easiest solution is to turn off the Overcurrent Protection via Workbench. Note that it is automatically the case in MCSDK 6.1.2.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.