cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meaning of "motorDrives" properties

DMeie.2
Senior

For implementing our own hardware, I'm using the Board description of a B-G431B-ESC1 as a template.

The "motorDrives" object declares some properties, like "maxRatedCurrent", "minRatedVoltage", "maxRatedVoltage" and "resistorOffset".
None of those are described in the Motor Control Boards Description documentation.

What are those properties for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello DMeie.2,

Thank you for your feedback, we will try to integrate what you asked shorlty.

The  "maxRatedCurrent" is the maximum current the board can take on.
The "minRatedVoltage" and the "maxRatedVoltage" form the acceptable voltage range on which the board can work. The "resistorOffset" is the error between the resistance of the motor measured by the MotorProfiler, and the actual resistance of the motor. It is specific to each power/inverter board and only needs to be calculated once using the MotorProfiler tool.

It is calculated like that : Measured_Resistance = Resistor_Offset + 2 * Motor_Phase_Resistance, so by using a known Motor_Phase_Resistance, we can find the Resistor_Offset.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello DMeie.2,

Thank you for your feedback, we will try to integrate what you asked shorlty.

The  "maxRatedCurrent" is the maximum current the board can take on.
The "minRatedVoltage" and the "maxRatedVoltage" form the acceptable voltage range on which the board can work. The "resistorOffset" is the error between the resistance of the motor measured by the MotorProfiler, and the actual resistance of the motor. It is specific to each power/inverter board and only needs to be calculated once using the MotorProfiler tool.

It is calculated like that : Measured_Resistance = Resistor_Offset + 2 * Motor_Phase_Resistance, so by using a known Motor_Phase_Resistance, we can find the Resistor_Offset.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.