Did you mean: 

MCSDK 6.2 and IHM042-V1 Dual Motor Position Control

95Z
Associate

Version:  MCSDK 5.4.8 / MCSDK 6.2.0

Tool: Firmware / MC WB

Evaluation Board: IHM042-V1

Details:

When using MCSDK 5.4.8 I am unable to have the first motor perform in the same manner as the 2nd motor despite all parameters being identical and the same motor / encoder being used on the other motor 1 output.  I am attempting to control both motors using single shunt current sense and incremental encoders that have 1024 pulses per mechanical revolution (They also have a "Z" index).

• SB1 has been replaced with a 0 Ohm jumper
  • SB2 has been replaced with a 0 Ohm jumper
  • R72 has been removed
  • R76 has been removed
  • JP1, JP2, JP3, and JP4 are all placed in the correct position for single shunt current sense

Expected Behaviour: Both motors are controlled smoothly (as motor 2 does).

I have just installed MCSDK 6.2.0 but cannot select single shunt current sense at all.  The only current reading topology I am allowed to use is Three Shunt Resistors.  I would like to determine if my issue with 5.4.8 is solved in 6.2.0 but I cannot fully configure the board correctly as ENCZ/H3_B is shared with MC2_CurrentC if I am forced to use three shunt resistors.

95Z_0-1696419881195.png

Expected Behaviour: Ability to configure with single shunt option.

2 REPLIES 2
Joe WILLIAMS
ST Employee

Hi 95Z

Your case has been sent to the online support system.  We appreciate your inquiry.

Kind Regards
Joe WILLIAMS
STMicro Support

FouadB
ST Employee

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your post.

Unfortunately, the current MCSDK6.2.0 does not yet support this configuration. This limitation is already known and is expected to be resolved in future updates. Therefore, it will not be possible to generate your project within this release.

We suggest that you try to resolve your issue by using the MCSDK5.4.8 version.

Do you use the MC Pilot GUI to control the position or have you implemented your own application using the API interface? Could you please provide more details on the issue observed with the second motor?

Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."