cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC workbench showing the message Code generation completed with error

VVW
Associate II

Hi I have added the required details in the MC workbench and clicked on "Generate the project" After that, the below window pops up.

VVW_0-1721050543743.png

in that under Firmware Package Version it is providing the three option to select 

1. STM32 FW V1.11.5

2.STM32 FW V1.11.4 (Recommended , not installed)

3. Latest

from that I have selected the STM32 FWV1.11.5 option and clicked on the <Generate> button  , but it completing the project generation with error.

I need you inputs on the below points

1. why project is generating with error , how I can resolve this error

2. the second option STM32 FW V1.11.4 , where I will get this and what is the process to added this in the project , so that it will detect in the dropdown list in MC workbench.

In advance thankyou for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello VVW,

Please note that the intended step after WB generation is to "Open Folder" and then run the chosen IDE to directly build the code. In fact, CubeMX is already called by WB to generate the whole MC project. The "Run CubeMX" button is there only if your application needs other features that you can add via CubeMX, and the re-generation will thus contain both MC and your modifications.

Concerning your CubeIDE issue, it seems that the project is too big to fit in flash. One effective way to lower the space used by FW is to generate the project using LL instead of HAL at generation step.

If this does not fix your issue, please consider sending your .stwb6 file under .txt format.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @VVW,

Messages are often displayed at generation log start, please have a look to log beginning (if you are using MCSDK6.3 and if "attr not supported : Dmpu" is the Error message, please just ignore it).
However, as generation goes until the end (main.c generation), you can use this generated project.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
VVW
Associate II

Hello GMA,

Thank you for response 

Yes, you are correct; the MC workbench shows the "attr not supported : Dmpu". As per your suggestion, I have ignored the error message and clicked on the <RUN STM32CubeMx> button.

After that, the  STM32CubeMx application opened, and in that, I clicked on <Generate Code> and generated the code. Once the code generation is finished, another pop-up window comes up. On the pop-up window, click on the <Open Project> button.

The Generated project opened in the STM32CubeIDE, In this, I clicked on the "Build" button, and then in the problem window below, an error is showing 

VVW_0-1721065847658.png

I need your guidance to remove this error. 

Thank you

Hello VVW,

Please note that the intended step after WB generation is to "Open Folder" and then run the chosen IDE to directly build the code. In fact, CubeMX is already called by WB to generate the whole MC project. The "Run CubeMX" button is there only if your application needs other features that you can add via CubeMX, and the re-generation will thus contain both MC and your modifications.

Concerning your CubeIDE issue, it seems that the project is too big to fit in flash. One effective way to lower the space used by FW is to generate the project using LL instead of HAL at generation step.

If this does not fix your issue, please consider sending your .stwb6 file under .txt format.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.