cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low voltage, high power, low speed application

magene
Senior II

I just listened to the New STM32 Motor Control SDK update webinar.  It was very good but I have a question that didn't get answered.  Can you recommend a set of eval hardware and software for this app:

Motor: 3 phase BLDC

Voltage: 12VDC (or lower) minimum to 42VDC (or higher) maximum

Current: 10 amps continuous with peaks to 15 Amps for at least 10s of seconds.

It is a battery powered application so energy efficiency is important as is low speed control down to 10-20 RPM.  Encoders are fine but an encoderless solution would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FouadB
ST Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in ST's webinar on the New STM32 Motor Control SDK update.

Based on your required functionality, the recommended hardware setup would be :

Control board - NUCLEO-G431RB and Power board - X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 (rated current of 30A and rated voltage range of 10-48V).

Both sensor or sensorless FOC control can be configured via the MC Workbench6.2.

Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FouadB
ST Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in ST's webinar on the New STM32 Motor Control SDK update.

Based on your required functionality, the recommended hardware setup would be :

Control board - NUCLEO-G431RB and Power board - X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 (rated current of 30A and rated voltage range of 10-48V).

Both sensor or sensorless FOC control can be configured via the MC Workbench6.2.

Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."

Excellent, thank you.

Hello @magene 

IHM08M1 indeed matches your electrical requirements, but be careful, low speed control could not be achieved with sensor less algorithm on this board. HSO is not available on IHM08, but encoder is ok.

Regards

Cedric

@cedric H Based on the information from the webinar, I think I am looking for HSO.  Is there a set of hardware that comes close to my requirements and does support HSO?

Hello @magene ,

Unfortunately, nothing is available yet to purchase on st.com.

Regards

Cedric

Hello. 

Can we use the STEVAL-IPM30 board in low voltage range between 24-48V?

Datasheet shows the this power board for 125-400.

What if we wanted to use in low voltage range, can we do that?