cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the DAC damaged on my B-G431B-ESC1 board?

GHave.1
Associate II

I started getting these errors on loading the ST Motor Pilot App (V0.9.9)

[WARNING] - MotorControlRegistersBank: Accessing register [977] STOCORDIC_C1 for motor 0 resulted in error[5] . Changing register's access accordingly to avoid getting this error again

[WARNING] - MotorControlRegistersBank: Accessing register [1041] STOCORDIC_C2 for motor 0 resulted in error[5] . Changing register's access accordingly to avoid getting this error again

[WARNING] - MotorControlRegistersBank: Accessing register [1680] DAC_OUT2 for motor 0 resulted in error[5] . Changing register's access accordingly to avoid getting this error again

[WARNING] - MotorControlRegistersBank: Accessing register [1616] DAC_OUT1 for motor 0 resulted in error[5] . Changing register's access accordingly to avoid getting this error again

How can I troubleshoot this?

4 REPLIES 4
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @GHave.1​ ,

These lines are not errors but warnings.

It just means that the motor Pilot try to access non existant registers. This probably comes from your project configuration, if the DAC is disabled, then the code related to the DAC is not present in the firmware.

Note that with the release 5.Y.3 you have access now to the same signals through the motor Pilot than with the DAC.

Regards

Cedric

GHave.1
Associate II

Thanks for the info. And I get that these are warnings, but I don't have any of that configured and I wasn't getting those messages - and then I was, and I don't know what triggered it. I guess, as long as operation isn't affected, it's ok, but the messages are annoying. If you know what to look for that I might have to go reconfigure, to get rid of them, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @GHave.1​ ,

To remove the DAC warning, you can configure the DAC with the workbench. In the main window, you have a green box called "DAC Functionality" if you select Debug instead of "Not used" it will generate the registers accordingly, and will not dumped the warnings related to the DAC.

For other registers, we need to improve the Pilot to first read the configuration and after dump only registers available. This in in our todo list.

Regards

Cedric

Thanks for the information - will give it a try.