cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Motor Profiler will open source?

gtop.1
Associate III

I often use Motor Profiler to identify motors.But it is not good.

Sometimes my motor cannot be recognized when using 48V and I have to reduce the supply voltage to 36V.

Here I would like to ask whether it will be open sourced. I want to understand the principle of identifying the motor and improve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @gtop.1 

To answer your main question, there are currently no plans to make the Profiler opensource. to let me better understand your problem to help you find a solution: Can you tell me which version of the MCSDK you are using? and which power board and control board do you use ?
Thank you

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @gtop.1 

To answer your main question, there are currently no plans to make the Profiler opensource. to let me better understand your problem to help you find a solution: Can you tell me which version of the MCSDK you are using? and which power board and control board do you use ?
Thank you

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

Hello.

I use 5.Y.4 MCSDK and NUCLEO-F302R8+X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 3Sh,with 48V 471W pmsm motor. The motor keeps turning and cannot identify the Ke.

Can you try with the new version of MCSDK 6.2, and tell me if it works better. To use the profiler on 6.2 you must generate a profiler firmware, for this please follow the MCSDK documentation.

Yes,it works better. It can work in 48V now.

I want to kown how to calculate the Ke.

I refer here:https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32MotorControl:How_To_manually_configure_the_motor_parameters

Setup_motor_parameters_manually-7.png

Below is the profiler's result. Ke=9.59 Vrms/kRPM.

20231008160743.png

Below is my owm test.

TEK00107.PNG

Vpp=13.6v,pole pairs=5,fbemf=83.33Hz. Ke=(13.6*5*1000)/(2√2*83.33*60)=4.8085 Vrms/kRPM.

I wonder if I chose the wrong frequency?Is it between point A and point B or pointA and pointC?Thanks.

Add a picture

20231008160258.png

hi @gtop.1 
Can you mark your first question as answered, and make a new post for your new question please? this will allow us to have better follow-up of questions
regards

ok