cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to disable the motor control protocol on the serial port so that I can implement a custom console over that UART. Is there an easy or documented way to do this?

GSeme.1
Associate II

What I need to do is implement a command line interface over that serial port for factory configuration and settings controls. When I add printf() calls to the while loop in main I don't see my messages on the virtual COM port of my Discovery board. In my final board there won't be an embedded ST-Link so I will be using the physical serial port.

2 REPLIES 2

If the printf() isn't working you'll need to go over the plumbing, and how the _write() function uses __io_putchar(), and with which UART.

Perhaps get some static analysis tools and walk the code, understand the current topology and how that functions, and then integrate the functionality you want.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001Ei3mpSAB/i-have-a-electronic-speed-controller-discovery-kit-for-drones-with-stm32g431cb-and-i-want-to-use-the-uart-for-custom-io-but-the-exposed-uart-pins-on-the-edge-of-the-board-are-connected-between-u6-and-u8-and-cannot-be-used-by-me-is-this-true

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
GSeme.1
Associate II

Don't I need to remove the code that is implementing the motor control protocol first? The UART works because I can use the MC Pilot program to connect to the board but I want that to not work so I can take over the UART for my purposes. I can do that but I was hoping that I wasn't the first to need to do this and there was a path I can follow that would be faster.