cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using nucleo-G431RB , I want you to help me which motor driver expansion board should i use to control the Actuonix actuator L12 6V

FBoua.2
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @FBoua.2​, to the community!

The way you control this linear motor L12 depends on your order option.

The 6V initially only stands for the operating voltage.

There are obviously the order options S, P, I and R:

• S and P only require a full bridge to reverse the polarity of the 6V. Such a full bridge can either be built with 4 MOSFETs plus driver circuitry for the small currents, or with an integrated H-driver, like the STSPIN250 or the STSPIN240.
  • Option I again consists of four different control methods, which can be generated directly with the STM32, except for the 4-20mA signal (requires a corresponding driver in hardware).
  • And finally, option R expects a servo signal, for which one only needs to generate a PWM signal, which also requires no additional hardware.

If it's Option S or P, you can even use a ready-made X-NUCLEO board:

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @FBoua.2​, to the community!

The way you control this linear motor L12 depends on your order option.

The 6V initially only stands for the operating voltage.

There are obviously the order options S, P, I and R:

• S and P only require a full bridge to reverse the polarity of the 6V. Such a full bridge can either be built with 4 MOSFETs plus driver circuitry for the small currents, or with an integrated H-driver, like the STSPIN250 or the STSPIN240.
  • Option I again consists of four different control methods, which can be generated directly with the STM32, except for the 4-20mA signal (requires a corresponding driver in hardware).
  • And finally, option R expects a servo signal, for which one only needs to generate a PWM signal, which also requires no additional hardware.

If it's Option S or P, you can even use a ready-made X-NUCLEO board:

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thank you so much

You're welcome!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter