cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test motor current ADC working properly?

DMeie.2
Senior

We're currently having issues with our inverter.

To further analyze the issue, I'd like to test the proper function of the motor phase current measurement.
How should I go about doing that? Since the motor currents are measured in injected mode syncronized to the timer, I cannot just insert a static current into the shunts and look at some registers.

Is there a way to enable a "test mode"? Could I use the high speed plot for that?

I already tried running the motor and graph the input of the motor current ADCs with an oscilloscope to compare it with some of the plotted graphs, but I could not find any that matched.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @DMeie.2 

In order to do the bring-up of a new board, the recommended way is to enable the open loop mode from the Workbench and then switch with the MC Pilot in open-loop voltage, and dump I(A) and I(B) "You must have the Data log enabled to be able to do so. Those signals must be sinusoidal. You can always compare them to an oscilloscope with current probe, on motor phases, but what does really matter here is the current shape. 

The open loop is fully documented in the User Manual.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @DMeie.2 

In order to do the bring-up of a new board, the recommended way is to enable the open loop mode from the Workbench and then switch with the MC Pilot in open-loop voltage, and dump I(A) and I(B) "You must have the Data log enabled to be able to do so. Those signals must be sinusoidal. You can always compare them to an oscilloscope with current probe, on motor phases, but what does really matter here is the current shape. 

The open loop is fully documented in the User Manual.

Regards

Cedric

Thanks, this works perfectly for verifying both the current meansurement circuitry and hall sensing.