cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure MCSDK 6 For custome motor driver board ?

Had!
Associate

Board Details:

MCU: STM32G431RB

PWM : 6PWM (complementary)  

Current Sensing: 2 Isolated hall sensors on Phase U and V (inline)

Motor Rating : Internal PMSM , 60V , 5KW , Nominal Current 100Amp

5 REPLIES 5
mustafacmk
Associate II

I think the st officials insist not to answer. It can't be done with the current version.

JKolj.1
Associate III

I am in a similar situation. My custom boards are going out to fab in a few weeks. I am pretty sure I can take an example kit and modify the code to work, but I'd rather just configure the board (opamp gains, adc setup, vsense setup and others) in the workbench. ​

I think this page implies that there is a text based option in sdk 6.1 to configure custom boards, but I havent looked into it further for now https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-mcsdk.html

Had!
Associate

I guess I have to start with MCSDK 5.4.8.

It has custom board support.

There is one more version MCSDK 5.Y.4

It too have custom board support.

But after generating the code , its not able to communicate with Motor Pilot of 5.Y.4.

Same configuration works with 5.4.8 and its Motor Pilot.

So giving a try to 5.4.8.

mustafacmk
Associate II

The ICS current sensor cannot be selected.

In previous versions, there was no such thing as a custom board, but it offered the possibility of changing many features of the interface.

Apparently, in the new version, st makes it completely dependent on its own boards.

When I look at the headlines in the community, ST administrators do not respond to the issues.

Why have you become so apathetic? 

This pushes me to different semiconductor manufacturers.

JKolj.1
Associate III

I took a look at the text based thing that ST mentions in the x-cube-mcsdk landing page. If you have a custom board, you can go to design a new MC Workbench 6.1.0 project, select Hardware: inverter, and open the list of available inverter boards. Then on the top right of the page there is a blue button that allows you to manage inverter boards. Then on bottom right, there is an option to add a new board. This opens a basically empty JSON file where you can enter the spec of your board. I didn't find any mentions about this feature in any documentation, so you'll have to figure out the JSON syntax and options by looking at existing boards. The JSON files are located in the installation directory of MC_SDK under assets.

If someone from ST sees this, when do you expect to be able to provide better documentation for us about the custom boards feature?