cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi i'm using an ihmi16m1 board with a f302rb board, the problem i don't understand that the motor doesn't move nor activates. i tried to use a worbenk motor control, also to use X-CUBE-SPN16 ..... I use a 12v power supply thank you

SDall
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SDall​ let’s try to proceed by steps.

First of all what kind of driving method and sensing topology do you want to use?

The board supports 6-step and field oriented control (FOC) algorithms both single o 3-shunt topology.

According to the algorithm, the board hardware configuration must be changed, refer to Table 2 in the user manual UM2415. Please check the proper configuration.

In the same document you can check the hardware setting for the NUCLEO-F302R8 (Figure 7).

Let us know if these configurations are ok according to your application requirements.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @SDall​,

the suggested SW to your project is the STM32 Motor Control SDK (X-CUBE-MCSDK-Y).

So, focusing on this solution, give us more details on your hardware and software configuration.

Were you able to customize your project and generate the code correctly?

SDall
Associate II

hi thanks for your interest, yes the code with sdk has been produced, the debugger has been done correctly, but there is probably something wrong in the hardware configuration of the sdk because the pwm does not start ..... I did the start motor function ....

@SDall​ There is a lot of ways a motor could "not start", describe it a bit more.

Is the motor locked in place? do you feel any resistance or temperature rise over time?

How does it sound like?

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
SDall
Associate II

the motor is blocked, no resistances no noise is like dead does not react. I tried both sdk and softwer spin 16, nothing to do .....

@SDall​ That sounds like a hardware problem, maybe post your Schematics or walks us trough your design a bit.

Also what error messages are you getting? how are you debugging your system?

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

@SDall​ let’s try to proceed by steps.

First of all what kind of driving method and sensing topology do you want to use?

The board supports 6-step and field oriented control (FOC) algorithms both single o 3-shunt topology.

According to the algorithm, the board hardware configuration must be changed, refer to Table 2 in the user manual UM2415. Please check the proper configuration.

In the same document you can check the hardware setting for the NUCLEO-F302R8 (Figure 7).

Let us know if these configurations are ok according to your application requirements.

SDall
Associate II

hi I have read the manual since I do not have the welding machine I would opt for a 6-step foc configuration, jp4 remains open. tell me how to proceed thanks!

@SDall​ the default configuration (JP4 open) is driving in FOC with triple shunt configuration.

The 6-step is the alternative driving method.

It seems you have some confusion about how you can drive a BLDC motor.

I suggest you to read this white paper: Getting brushless motors under control : techniques, approaches and solutions

Moreover, had you check the configuration of  the NUCLEO-F302R8?

Some changes are necessary to drive the X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1 with this control board.

SDall
Associate II

hi I think I have taken a few steps forward. now I have replaced the f302rb with the f401re, then the pwm starts, the enable light comes on, the lights of the three phases come on, now the motor does not move but emits a strange noise, but you understand that current is coming. i tried both spin16 software and msdk and the same thing happens, noise but the rotor doesn't move.

thank you