cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, What is the way to use the EVALSTDRIVE601 with Motor Control Workbench 6.0.0? Best regards, Alain

AViei.1
Associate

A customer implemented the “EVALSTDRIVE601�? evaluation kit with a NUCLEO-G431 board.

This board combination does not exist in the "Motor Control Workbench" : the "EVALSTDRIVE601" evaluation board is not listed.

The customer started his evaluation with a "NUCLEO-G431RB" combination and a "STEVAL-IPM05F" power card, the source code of the STEVAL-IPM05F has been adapted to be compatible with the "EVALSTDRIVE601" card.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to customize the following points in the tool on the “Current Sensing�? configuration page :

• “Shunt Resistor�?

•" Gain "

In addition, the regulation management parameters of the various feedback loops seem to depend on the power evaluation card selected.

With the configuration mentioned above, he can use the “Motor Pilot�? tool but the motor is about to starts but never spin.

The customer suspects a misconfiguration of the parameters.

For the moment, he is blocked at a few configurations with evaluation boards and so he is asking : 

1. Is it possible to configure the various parameters more finely, such as the value of the shunt resistors and the gain applied to the current measurement?

2. Why I can see 11 motor while creating a new MCW project whereas the customer can see only 8 motors?

3. Is there detailed documentation of the implementation of the engine library?

4. How can he configure this “custom�? hardware that he is going to develop to configure the software running on the STM32G431.

Best regards,

Alain

1 REPLY 1
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello Alain,

There are a lot of things in your post. I will try to address all of them.

First, I advise you to switch to the new MCSDK 6.1 which brings back the support of all series and a lot of boards. Unfortunately, the board EVALSTDRIVE601 is not part of the release. It is why I attach the board description to this post (to be unzipped first). In the power board selection window, there is now an import button that will allow you to import a new board in the user board database.

Regarding the modification of Shunt Resistor or Gain. The recommended way is to clone the closest ST board available, and then modify the values through the STMC Board manager tool. STMC Board manager tool is started as soon as you click on the clone button of your selected board.

MCSDK 6.1 comes with a real documentation improvement, I hope your customer will find what he is looking for.

Regards

Cedric