cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32G4 not working with encoder for speed measurement

nurelkh
Associate II

Hey,

when I use the EVSPIN32G4 without speed measurement the motor rotates normally. But if I use the encoder for speed sensoring the motor just vibrates.

Motor: 4221g048bxth

Encoder: ie3-1024

Does anybody know how I can solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please check that U, V, W motor phases are correctly connected to the board? A, B, I(Z) from the encoder also?
For the encoder, you could also check that A, B, I signals are correctly toggling on board side spinning the motor by hand.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
nurelkh
Associate II

Hey, 

thanks for your answer. I made some tests and realized, that everything is working fine, if I dont activate the I(Z) Channel, meaning absolute position control. If I activate absolute position control in the MCSDK, the motor just vibrates and doesnt move. Do you know how to solve this issue? 

Could it be because of the Position Regulator? Because when I activiate the absolute position control (meaning the I(Z) Channel) the Position Regulator becomes a PID-Regulator instead of a PI-Regulator.

Thanks

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

As mentioned in "Speed Sensing Config", selecting "Use absolute position control pin" will set the control mode to "position control mode". Then, you have to use motor pilot with Position Control GUI

GMA_0-1704381496145.png

If it is already the case, could you please check that the Z signal is correctly generated by the motor?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA