cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of STM32U Series with MCSDK

wow
Associate

Hi,

I'm working on a motor control project using STM32 microcontrollers and plan to use the Motor Control Software Development Kit (MCSDK).

I noticed that the STM32U series isn't listed in the wiki for MCSDK compatibility, which currently includes the following series: STM32G0xx, STM32F303, STM32F302, STM32F301, STM32G431, STM32G474, STM32F4xx, STM32F7xx, and STM32H7xx.

Is the STM32U series compatible with MCSDK? If anyone has information or experience with this, your help would be greatly appreciated. Any resources or example codes would also be very helpful.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @wow,

The series currently supported by the MCSDK are:
STM32C0 STM32F0 STM32F3 STM32F4 STM32F7 STM32G0 STM32G4 STM32H5 STM32H7 STM32L4 STSPIN32xx

the STM32U5 is planned for the next feature released MCSDK 6.4 for the end of this year.

May I ask you which U series are you interested in, and why do you need an ultra-low power MCU for your motor control application?

Thanks & Regards

Cedric

Hi Cedric, I am trying to create a custom board with an STM32F405RGT, however this MCU is not present within the STMC board designer. Could you please let me know how I can proceed?

Hello @cdoel ,

Please have a look at the following thread :Solved: FOC Code Generation from MC Workbench v5.4.8 for N... - STMicroelectronics Community

What is true for F7 is also true for F4.

I would advise you to build your board based on STM32F446 as it has 3 ADCs like the STM32F405. Before creating your custom board, I recommend that you first try what is immediately available, and move on to your own design once you are happy and comfortable with your solution.

Regards

Cedric

Hello Cedric,

I apologize for the delayed response.

Thank you for the information regarding the MCSDK compatibility. The customer is specifically interested in the STM32U5 or STM32U0 series for their motor control application due to the ultra-low power requirements.

Given your update, we will guide the customer to consider using one of the currently supported MCUs in the MCSDK.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Best regards