cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification about Current Unit and Value in P-NUCLEO-IHM03 - Kit

tejas_amp
Associate III

I have setted max current = 1 A and in RevUp table 0.6 A. In Waveforms below, I am getting current around 0.05. Is this in Amp? Only this much small current is driving the motor? I tried increasing/decreasing the speed but value is almost this.

Also, Can I somehow just make x axis as time in (seconds) ?

tejas_amp_0-1719382619488.png

tejas_amp_1-1719382759328.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello tejas_amp,

Current level basically gives you the torque needed to run your motor. If your motor is unloaded, then obviously you will have very low resistive torque, and thus very low level of current would be needed to make it run at the desired speed. That is why you need so little current to make it run.

If you try to load the motor using your hand for example, you will see the current level increase, up to a certain maximum point, 1Amp in your case. After this, if you further increase the load, then the speed will start to drop, as the system cannot input more current to counteract the load you are applying to it.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello tejas_amp,

Current level basically gives you the torque needed to run your motor. If your motor is unloaded, then obviously you will have very low resistive torque, and thus very low level of current would be needed to make it run at the desired speed. That is why you need so little current to make it run.

If you try to load the motor using your hand for example, you will see the current level increase, up to a certain maximum point, 1Amp in your case. After this, if you further increase the load, then the speed will start to drop, as the system cannot input more current to counteract the load you are applying to it.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.