cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board not recognised by Motor Control SDK

akash_hegde
Associate

Hello,

I have tried multiple times to connect a Nucleo-G4R31B to the motor profiler.

The software fails to recognise the boards at any of the preset baud rates.

The board is recognised by the computer and is visible on the device manager. It is also programmable through STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeProgrammer. I have tried changing USB ports but haven't had any sucess.

The version of the motor pilot is V1.2.5 and the motor workbench is 6.2.1.

My aim is to profile a BLDC motor and then test out control algorithms. Please let me know what I'm overlooking. 

akash_hegde_1-1712035354680.png

akash_hegde_0-1712035215142.png

akash_hegde_2-1712040239676.png

I have attached the terminal messages and the related screenshots.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello akash_hegde,

The "Discover Board" button is not intended to be used for Profiling but for Motor Pilot (although a Profiler project can connect to Motor Pilot without any problem).

There are several ways to check your Firmware's baudrate.
- You can either have a look at the Motor Control Protocol section in the User Interface tab in the MC WorkBench (provided your project has not been modified since last FW generation)
- Or you can directly check your baudrate in your main.c file. You will find it in the MX_USART2_UART_Init function.

On a last note, please make sure to follow the MC Wiki Profiler start-up guide.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello akash_hegde,

The "Discover Board" button is not intended to be used for Profiling but for Motor Pilot (although a Profiler project can connect to Motor Pilot without any problem).

There are several ways to check your Firmware's baudrate.
- You can either have a look at the Motor Control Protocol section in the User Interface tab in the MC WorkBench (provided your project has not been modified since last FW generation)
- Or you can directly check your baudrate in your main.c file. You will find it in the MX_USART2_UART_Init function.

On a last note, please make sure to follow the MC Wiki Profiler start-up guide.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.