cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 using FOC algoritem

JohnnyKMern
Associate

Hi

I have a smal motor (GL30) connected to a B-G431B-ESC1.

I have profiled the motor and I can make a project using the 6-step algoritme.

I need the motor to run in the range of 100-300rpm (almost no load), but from time to time the smooth motion are disturbed and the the rmp fluctuate, just for 0.5-1 sec. If I run slow (less than 150-200rpm) it stop, and I have to restart it.

Why is that?

I tried to generate the same code using the FOC algoritm, but the motor will not start it just make som noise.
I would like to see if the motor worked more smooth in this mode.

Is there any stuff missing on the board while it is not working?

How do I turn on "on-the-fly-startup"?

I wandered why you have not implemented the potmeter interface on the B-G431B-ESC1 board.

Br Johnny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GMA
ST Employee

Dear Johnny,

On FOC sensor-less side, as mentioned in User Manual document "Speed & position feedback sensorless algorithms" are based on the motor Back-EMF estimation, and this estimation could not be correctly done at low speed levels.
For test purpose, you can use the "open loop" mode as described in "Open loop description and usage" in documentation "User Manual".
"on-the-fly-startup" setting is available in "Speed Sensing Config." tab, "Sensorless start-up parameters" section.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GMA
ST Employee

Dear Johnny,

On FOC sensor-less side, as mentioned in User Manual document "Speed & position feedback sensorless algorithms" are based on the motor Back-EMF estimation, and this estimation could not be correctly done at low speed levels.
For test purpose, you can use the "open loop" mode as described in "Open loop description and usage" in documentation "User Manual".
"on-the-fly-startup" setting is available in "Speed Sensing Config." tab, "Sensorless start-up parameters" section.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Thank you for your answer, I will try that.

Br Johnny

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Please find in attachment a modified B-G431B-ESC1.json file that contains the potentiometer feature (location "MC_SDK_6.2.0\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\assets\hardware\board\inverter").

Added lines that contains speed 10k variable resistor, 3,3V supply and PB12 MCU input:
{
  "name": "Potentiometer",
  "type": "Potentiometer",
  "hwVariants": [
    {
      "type": "Potentiometer",
      "help": "How to enable this variant",
      "signals": {
        "POTENTIOMETER_LEVEL": [
          {
            "name": "PB12",
            "help": "",
            "cost": 0
          }
        ]
      },
      "potVm": 3.3,
      "potRmax": 10000,
      "potLevelMin": 0
    }
  ]
}

Best regards.
GMA