cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading CubeMX to version 6.4.0 MC-SDK 5.Y.3 stopped generating projects.

MK.1
Senior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @MK.1​ ,

We just released a new version of the legacy branch of the MCSDK : SDK 5.4.8 to cope with this cubeMX 6.4 issue.

We are preparing a MCSDK 5.Y.4 too, but as MCSDK 5.Y.4 comes with additional changes, additional time is required to guarantee a good quality release.

MCSDK 5.Y.4 is expected next week.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @MK.1​ ,

We just released a new version of the legacy branch of the MCSDK : SDK 5.4.8 to cope with this cubeMX 6.4 issue.

We are preparing a MCSDK 5.Y.4 too, but as MCSDK 5.Y.4 comes with additional changes, additional time is required to guarantee a good quality release.

MCSDK 5.Y.4 is expected next week.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Cedric

MK.1
Senior

Thanks.

JQuan
Associate II

I encountered the same problem. At first I thought perhaps it was because I had upgraded MX in place (rather than reinstall), but then I uninstalled both MCSDK and STM32CubeMX and reinstalled both (5.Y.3 + 6.4.0). When I click "Generate" (or "Update" on an existing project) the progress bar / spinner at the bottom animates but otherwise nothing visible happens. I have tried leaving it running for over 30 minutes to no avail. I reinstalled 6.3 (alternate directory) and then selected it in MC Workbench and now it works again.

0693W00000HpP9NQAV.png 

In case it's worth mentioning, I also momentarily encountered a problem after switching back to 6.3.0. The first time I tried to generate the project/code it displayed a red message saying "Updater busy". But then I ran STM32CubeMX separately (and changed the auto-update check to 99 days since I do not want it to update to 6.4.0 for obvious reasons), closed it, tried again in STMCW, and it worked fine.