cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Bootloader for STM32G0B1M1 look for a USB cable? My previous question was how to detect a USB cable, but the answer was just use VBUS and an EXTI to detect. Which interrupt does the bootloader monitor for a cable?

SMoor.1
Associate

My previous question was how to detect a cable and they said to use a EXTI to receive a VBUS detection. The customer wants to use USB to program a blank device (so nothing configured) and EXTI is a block of interrupts and could be multiple pins. Please provide more details on how the bootloader checks for a USB cable.

Thanks,

Sonya

4 REPLIES 4

I think they can monitor voltage levels on the DP/DM pins at the USB IO Cell​.

Unconnected state determined by pull-ups.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief II

Read AN2606

SMoor.1
Associate

I have read AN2606, but it does not tell you how the bootloader detects that a USB cable is detected. We know how to detect a USB cable is connected, but can't find details on how the bootloader recognizes the connection.

For what you need it. System bootloader or any other use USB standart for init communication.

0693W00000WK0cmQAD.pngI use it two way. One is device powered .. connect USB cable .. reset MCU with boot0 pin ...

Second not powered device , schematics that pull power from USB and set boot0 pin

and exist more ...