cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use STM32F411 uart bootloader.

Blue Vincent
Associate II

UART2 bootloader is not work.Should I flash a bootloader program to enable usart2 booloader.Which uart has default bootloader program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Blue Vincent​ ,

When we refer to RM0383 and precisely Section2.4, you can conclude that the embedded bootloader mode is used to reprogram the Flash memory using :

• USART1 (PA9/PA10)

• USART2 (PD5/PD6)

I advise you, when you configured the bootloader, to refer at this AN2606 "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode" and get inspired form the steps described in this MOOC "STM32 boot and startup tips - 2 Embedded bootloader investigations".

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

>>Which uart has default bootloader program.

see F411 manual : 2.4. memory -> embedded bootloader

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Blue Vincent​ ,

When we refer to RM0383 and precisely Section2.4, you can conclude that the embedded bootloader mode is used to reprogram the Flash memory using :

• USART1 (PA9/PA10)

• USART2 (PD5/PD6)

I advise you, when you configured the bootloader, to refer at this AN2606 "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode" and get inspired form the steps described in this MOOC "STM32 boot and startup tips - 2 Embedded bootloader investigations".

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Signal noise on other pins the system loader monitors will likely get it's primary attention. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

​PD5/PD6 Pin in stm32f411ce is not defined, but defined by USART2 (PA2/PA3) .Is this can explain why i can't use this UART to flash program?

Hello @Blue Vincent​ ,

Yes, you can activate the USART2 bootloader with only PD5/PD6 pins.

The bootloader is used to reprogram the Flash memory using: USART1(PA9/10), USART2(PD5/6), USB OTG FS in device mode (PA11/12) through DFU (device firmware upgrade), I2C1(PB6/7), I2C2(PB10/3), I2C3(PA8/PB4), SPI1(PA4/5/6/7), SPI2(PB12/13/14/15) or SPI3(PA15, PC10/11/12).

Kaouthar