cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H753 Ethernet stop working

Lmali.1
Associate III

we have several device with STM32H753, and they are talking to each other, over LwIP.

one of the devices is the master who charges on the protocol communication between all other peripheral devices.

the master send a ack message to each device in a loop, and each device replies its own status.

Now, I have an issue that a peripheral device after few hours stop communicating.

On WireShark I see messages going to the peripheral device, but nothing came out.

The device is not got stuck, it is still running, but no message trigger the Ethernet Interrupt.

can you please help me out here, what did I missed?

what do I need to check?

Thanks,

Lior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DWeb_2​ 

my solution was not using allocation from heap, but set the memory area and set the next allocation.

it is not the sophisticated solution, but it seems to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Haithem Rahmani
ST Employee

Hi @Lmali.1​ 

> I have an issue that a peripheral device after few hours stop communicating

this is a tough one!

• is the device still 'pingable'?
  • may be you can enable the debug/trace features of LwIP to see what's going on, at least whether the packet is reaching the LwIP stack

or being rejected by the HW immediately.

Hope this helps.

regards

haithem.

Lmali.1
Associate III

hi @Haithem Rahmani​ 

thanks for the answer.

regarding the ping,

the devices located at the customer site, so as a device goes "offline" the FW resets the device to return it to online. I cannot keep the device offline in a normal mode.

I might arrange some testing time to check the ping.

but, if the device is pingable, what does it mean to you?

there are some configurations that indicate this situation?

now the device is running with debug logs as you suggested.

lets hope we will find it..

thanks

DWeb_2
Associate III

Hi @Lmali.1​ , did you find the bug? We also use the STM32H753 with LwIP and had similar problems.

Hi @DWeb_2​ 

my solution was not using allocation from heap, but set the memory area and set the next allocation.

it is not the sophisticated solution, but it seems to work.