cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 dual core Break at address; no debug info

HDesa.1
Senior

Hello,

I am using STM32H7 dual core series. My STM32CubeIDE works fine when I am using HSI. But whenever I set the configuration to HSE, I am getting Break at address "0xa05f0000" with no debug information available, or outside of program code error. I tried different crystals, 8MHz & 25MHz, but this issue still persists.

Could you please tell me where exactly I am doing things wrong? Is the crystal setting just a reason for the error but the actual error is something different?

Please guide.

- Regards,

Hrishikesh

-Regards
Hrishikesh
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The caps on the HSE crystal should be connected to ground.

TDK_0-1696428680059.png

VCAP should have capacitors to ground, don't see VCAP connected anywhere else in the schematic.

TDK_0-1696428822065.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
TDK
Guru

Debug the code, step through, see where the issue happens exactly.

Perhaps your clock settings are invalid.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

What is the system clock frequency? the voltage scale configured? number of Flash wait states? Power in SMPS or LDO mode?

Please provide us with your schematics (HSE part) + CubeMx file?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I did step by step debugging. The M4 cortex is getting step over but parallelly M7 cortex gets stuck in __HAL_RCC_GET_FLAG(RCC_FLAG_D2CKRDY) flag. The debugging terminates abruptly.

-Regards
Hrishikesh

Hi,

I am using LDO mode. I am running the microcontroller on maximum frequency, 480MHz. For external clock, I have tried with both 8MHz & 25MHz crystal. The voltage scaling is 0. And the flash wait state is 4. The remaining code is auto generated using STM32CubeIDE.

-Regards
Hrishikesh

Hello,

Couldn't share the data soon. I have shared the schematics of the crystal connection and CubeMX file. Please help me with this.

-Regards

-Regards
Hrishikesh

Hello,

That's normal, in the schematics you have 25MHz as external crystal and your software sets it to 8Mhz so the MCU is overclocked.

SofLit_0-1696408159929.png

You have to modify the value to 25 instead of 8.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

So I have tried both 25MHz & 8MHz with the respective configurations but the issue was still there. Currently I have mounted 8MHz crystal.

The problem I am facing is, whenever I use HSE for configuring PLL the below issue occurs. Break at address "0xa05f0000" with no debug information available, or outside of program code. And the program especially Cortex-M4 stops.

-Regards
Hrishikesh
TDK
Guru

The caps on the HSE crystal should be connected to ground.

TDK_0-1696428680059.png

VCAP should have capacitors to ground, don't see VCAP connected anywhere else in the schematic.

TDK_0-1696428822065.png

SofLit
ST Employee

@TDK thank you for pointing this out. I didn't notice this.

@HDesa.1 please review your schematics and refer to the AN4938 You need to have capacitors on VCAP pins.

You can also inspire from STM32H743_EVAL schematics