cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H563 interfacing with KSZ8795 ethernet switch

PrabhakarRPatil
Associate

My hardware design has finalized STM32H563 MCU (from ST Microelectronics) to interface 5-port managed Ethernet Switch (KSZ8795 from Microchip). I'm tried to use orix board library code but unable to make it run.

I have following questions,

1. Is KSZ8795 intended to work with Microcontrollers as opposed to microprocessor which used Linux/Windows as a de-facto OS.

2. Is KSZ8795 compatible with STM32H563 MCU?

3. Is KSZ8795 driver port available for FreeRTOS?

2 REPLIES 2
Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. We'll contact you directly.

Regards,

Jake

ST Support

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@PrabhakarRPatil The KZ Microchip switches are designed to work with any microcontroller that has compatible RMII or MII interface. For example, with STM32. Note that MII or RMII may be lacking in some STM32 variants with low pin number. Check the data sheet of your selected STM32H5 model what it supports.

The KZ switch has a dedicated port for connection of the microcontroller, this port does not have a PHY.

Especially note that these switches have SPI interface to the registers, in addition to the MDIO. Make sure to connect this SPI interface to the STM32 in your design.