cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H5 FreeRTOS USB VCP

gamelk
Associate

Hi all,

I have a custom board, which previously used the ST32L052 processor, that I changed to STM32H5. Previously I could use the USB_Dev middleware to make it a VCOM Port and could send data without a problem to my PC. After the processor change I also started to use FreeRTOS because of a Bosch IMU sensor. The idea would be to be able to send the sensor data to the PC via VCP, however even with the “How to use legacy middleware” forum thread I can’t seem to get even a recognition from my PC that a device has been plugged in. Any help to make a VCP with H5 running FreeRTOS would be greatly appreciated!

I am open for TinyUSB realisation also. 

1 REPLY 1
nouirakh
ST Employee

Hello @gamelk 

Thank you for providing the context of your project. To better assist you with getting the VCP working on your STM32H5 with FreeRTOS, I need a bit more information about your setup and the issues you're encountering. Could you please provide the following details about USB Configuration, Middleware and FreeRTOS, Clock Configuration, Initialization Code, Error Messages..?
By providing these details, I can better understand the issue and offer more targeted assistance. Thank you!